Waikato has a proud tradition of success at all levels of representative rugby as well as creating opportunities for our players to achieve higher honours.
Representative coaching positions require outstanding leadership and management skills, effective talent identification, development systems, the ability to build strong relationships and trust with all key stakeholders.
Purpose of the position:
- To select (in conjunction with the WRU) a Waikato Representative Squad and playing team.
- Coach the team on and off the field to a standard of excellence, demonstrating a significant improvement over the campaign, enhancing the reputation of Waikato rugby, and the Waikato representative programme.
- To ensure that player development is the first priority.
The Waikato Rugby Union is seeking expressions of interest for the following coaching roles for our representative campaigns in 2018:
Waikato Development Head Coach
Waikato Development Assistant Coach
Waikato FPC Women’s Head Coach
Waikato FPC Women’s Assistant Coach
Waikato U19 Head Coach
Waikato U19 Assistant Coach
Suitable candidates must have:
- Minimum of a Level 2 Coaching Certificate.
- Proven history of developing technical and tactical skills of rugby players into success.
If you have questions please contact Wayne Bootten
Applicants should send an expression of interest via email to:
P.O Box 9507
Applications close Friday 2nd March 2018
(Please insure you stipulate which team and position you are applying for.)